Q1 – How can I Help My Gifted Child?
Motivate your gifted child by….
- Encouraging novel ideas
- Encouraging goals set by the child
- Helping your child recognize his/her strengths and weaknesses
- Recognizing achievement
- Encouraging independence and creativity
- Being enthusiastic and optimistic
Q2 – What Else Can I Do?
- Furnish books that cover a wide range of subjects and reading levels
- Provide reference materials
- Plan field trips and library visits
- Set aside time for reading
- Encourage participation in outside activities
- Model a life-long love of learning
- Be an advocate for your child and his/her need for gifted services as it arises
Q3 – How Can I Learn More?
- Ask your child’s gifted teacher for information.
- Visit your local library
- Visit other web sites
- Read the articles in the Gifted Resources… section
* Information adapted from: Brevard Public Schools