Welcome to Miami Springs Senior High School’s (MSSH) Magnet registration page for the Academy of Hospitality & Tourism (AOHT) and for iTECH Academy’s Video Game Development and Scholastic Esports (iTECH) Magnet program.
Effective Thursday, April 4, 2021, the following instructions are for families that are interested in attending one of our Award-Winning Magnet Programs for the 2021-2022 school year and meet the magnet eligibility criteria.
Miami Springs Senior High School Magnet Eligibility Criteria
- A minimum of 2.0 GPA in core academic subject areas (e.g. language arts, mathematics, science, social studies)
- All effort grades in core academic classes must be “2” or higher
- No Ds or Fs in conduct
- No more than 10 unexcused absences or tardies will be allowed for previous year
- Recommendations may be required
The parent/guardian must download, fill out and sign the following 5 registration forms:
- Magnet Program Declaration of Acceptance 2021-2022
- Magnet FM-2733 Parent Information at Time of Registration
- Magnet FM-5740 Disclosure at Time of Registration
- Magnet Health and Immunization Requirements
- Magnet FM-7378 Upstart
The parent/guardian must download, fill out and sign the 1 appropriate subject selection form for the grade your child will be entering at MSSH, 9th grade or 10th grade:
- 9th Grade Subject Selection Form Magnet & Cambridge 2022-2023
- 10th Grade Subject Selection Form Magnet & Cambridge 2022-2023
- 11th Grade Subject Selection Form 2022-2023
- 11th Grade Subject Selection Form Magnet & Cambridge 2022-2023
- 12th Grade Subject Selection Form 2022-2023
- 12th Grade Subject Selection Form Magnet & Cambridge 2022-2023
The parent/guardian must scan and email all 6 completed and signed forms to our registrar, Ms. Patricia Valerio at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Registration in the subject matter with your child’s name. Make sure that your appropriate contact information, such as your cell phone number, is included in the email.
After following Steps A, B & C
Our Registrar will take care to continue communicating with you and ensure that you are appropriately registered in your Magnet program of choice at MSSH. In addition, our Registrar will forward your subject selection form to the appropriate counselor. Our Counselor will take care to continue communicating with you, ensure that you are appropriately scheduled for your grade and in your Magnet program of choice.