Welcome to Miami Springs Senior High School’s (MSSH) Magnet registration page for the Academy of Hospitality & Tourism (AOHT) and for iTECH Academy’s Video Game Development and Scholastic Esports (iTECH) Magnet program.
Effective Wednesday, May 20, 2020, the following instructions are for families that are interested in attending one of our Award-Winning Magnet Programs for the 2020-2021 school year and meet the magnet eligibility criteria.
Miami Springs Senior High School Magnet Eligibility Criteria
- A minimum of 2.5 GPA in core academic subject areas (e.g. language arts, mathematics, science, social studies) and in conduct
- All effort grades in core academic classes must be “2” or higher
- No more than 10 unexcused absences will be allowed for previous year
- Recommendations may be required
The parent/guardian must download, fill out and sign the following 5 registration forms:
- Magnet Program Declaration Acceptance 2020-21
- Magnet FM-2733 Parent Information at Time of Registration 2020-21
- Magnet FM-5740 Disclosure at Time of Registration 2020-21
- Magnet Health and Immunization Requirements 2020-21
- Magnet FM-7378 Upstart 2020-21
The parent/guardian must download, fill out and sign the 1 appropriate subject selection form for the grade your child will be entering at MSSH, 9th grade or 10th grade:
- 9th grade Subject Selection Form Magnet & Cambridge 2020-2021
- 10th grade Subject Selection Form Magnet & Cambridge 2020-2021
The parent/guardian must scan and email all 6 completed and signed forms to our registrar, Ms. Fonte at email@example.com. Please reference Registration in the subject matter with your child’s name. Make sure that your appropriate contact information, such as your cell phone number, is included in the email.
After following Steps A, B & C
Our Registrar will take care to continue communicating with you and ensure that you are appropriately registered in your Magnet program of choice at MSSH. In addition, our Registrar will forward your subject selection form to the appropriate counselor. Our Counselor will take care to continue communicating with you, ensure that you are appropriately scheduled for your grade and in your Magnet program of choice.